ACV, or Apple Cider Vinegar, comes with a wealth of benefits, as well as its fair share of uses. Call me obsessed, but I’m a sucker for all-in-one health and beauty finds, and if it’s all natural, I’m even more ‘bout it ‘bout it. I first discovered Apple Cider Vinegar a few years ago when so many naturals swore by it as a scalp cleanser and hair clarifier. I fell deeper when I learned an ACV shot a day kept the doctor and infections at bay.
My go-to brand of choice is Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, which contains the “mother” – a stark difference from other ACVs out there that process it out of the final product. The “mother” is healthy bacteria and living nutrients that make the ACV so beneficial to one’s health and wellness. Without it, you’re not reaping nearly all the rewards the ACV benefits offers. Read on to learn the many uses and benefits that I love a having a bottle or two of ACV on hand for:
- Use it as a toner. Take one-part ACV to three parts water and mix. Apply the mixture to your skin with clean fingertips or a cotton pad. Allow it to sit on the skin for 10 minutes, and then rinse with water. Repeat up to three times a day.
- Clarify your scalp and hair. With ¼ cup of ACV, add two cups of water, and use the mixture as a rinse after you’ve shampooed and conditioned your hair. Adding this step to your wash day routine once or twice a month enhances shine, clarifies your scalp and hair from product build up, and balances the pH of your scalp. Worried about the smell? Follow up with another round of conditioner and your regular deep conditioning treatment.
- Whiten your smile. Gargling with ACV has been said to remove stains and brighten the overall appearance of your teeth.
- Detox your water. It is important to drink half your body weight in water every day. Up your hydration ante by taking detoxification a step further. Add two tablespoons of ACV to your first glass of water of the day to remove toxins in the body. This can help with weight loss as well.
- Restore your pH balance. Add one to two cups of ACV into a warm bath to regulate your pH levels. Allow yourself to sit and relax in the water for 25-30 minutes. This is ideal to do once or twice a week.
- Improve your immune system. While a concoction of two tablespoons and 8 oz. water is enough to keep infections at bay, some swear by simply taking a shot of ACV in the mornings to keep your immune system on fleek.
- Alleviate a sore throat. Gargle with a mixture of ¼ cup of ACV and ¼ cup of water once an hour every hour to kill the germs creating your sore throat.
- Soothe aches, pains, and sunburns. Remember that detox bath I mentioned in number 5? Use that same concoction to relieve sunburns and body aches and pains. Adding a few cups of ACV to warm water will solve your issues.
- In addition to promoting a healthy pH balance, ACV promotes healthy digestion in the body as well.
- Use it as an all-natural cleaner. Tired of using chemicals to get chores done around the home and potentially exposing yourself to harmful chemicals? Replace that with ACV. ACV is a useful, all-natural, health-friendly disinfectant that can be used on mirrors, glass, countertops, etc.
What's one of your favorite all-natural all-in-one health/beauty finds?